Yes, I write under two names. But no matter the name, the story is always mine.
I discovered my first romance novel at the age of twelve in a bargain bin at the local five and dime. It involved swashbuckling pirates having grand adventures on the open sea, a heroine with a mind of her own, and a seriously mouthwatering, masterful hero who swept her away no matter how clever she was.
I was immediately smitten with romance and all the romantic themes I could get my hands on.
I had grand plans to star on Broadway – preferably in Evita, just like the great Patti LuPone. Sadly, my inability to wow audiences with my singing voice required a back up plan, so I launched myself into academics instead. This was not a good fit for someone who liked lounging about and reading books a lot more than dissecting them in classrooms, but it did allow me to live in England for half a decade, so I can’t complain.
Writing (and finishing!) my first book was a relief. And actually publishing that book was one of the greatest thrills of my life.
Now I’m some 80 books in, I’m still a romance fanatic, and yes, I’m still plotting my Broadway debut.
If you’re new to my books, try starting here.
Will you ever write about King Lenz from A Royal Without Rules?
Lenz deserves his own story, doesn’t he?
I’ve actually known his story since halfway through A Royal Without Rules. I’m just waiting for the right time to tell it.
Don’t worry, I’ll let everyone know as soon as it happens!
How do I sign up for your newsletter?
After clicking “subscribe” you will receive an automated email asking for a confirmation of your subscription request. Please click the confirmation link as per the emailed instructions and you’ll be on the list and ready to get all of Megan/Caitlin’s book news!
- If you subscribe with an AOL, Yahoo, or Gmail email address, you may need to check your “bulk”/”spam” folder for your MEGAN/CAITLIN NEWSLETTER CONFIRMATION EMAIL.
- Please make sure you set your spam filter to receive emails from @megancrane.com.
- Click here for more on privacy.
- There are lots of different ways to stay connected with what’s new with Megan/Caitlin and her books. How do you like to be informed?
What’s the order of the Forbidden series you wrote with other authors?
Book One by Maisey Yates: The Billionaire’s Intern
Book Two by Kate Hewitt: The Billionaire’s Fantasy
Book Three by Caitlin Crews: The Billionaire’s Innocent
I love pictures. I take a lot of them.
It's not super new, but I'd still say all the same stuff on the subject of Frenemies:
And here are some other items of note:
- Caitlin discusses The Return of the Di Sione Wife with BookTrib.
- My Process (as Megan and Caitlin, on Conversations with Cupid)
- Action and Emotion (as Megan, with my husband Jeff, on the Nerd Out podcast)
- On Shame and the Romance Heroine (as Caitlin, on Dear Author)
- Falling in love with the Rodeo (as Megan, a guest on Jane Porter's blog)
- My Call Story (as Caitlin, from the iheartpresents blog)