USA Today bestselling, multi-award-nominated, and critically-acclaimed author Megan Crane has written more than 135 books, and shows no sign of slowing down. She publishes romance as Megan Crane and M.M. Crane — and Megan has an exciting backlist of women’s fiction, chick lit, and young adult novels. She’s also won a large and loyal fanbase as Caitlin Crews with Harlequin Presents, Harlequin Dare, Harlequin Historical, and contemporary cowboy books. And for paranormal fun, Megan partners with Nicole Helm to publish as Hazel Beck for her witchy rom-com novels.
Megan has a Masters and Ph.D. in English Literature, has taught creative writing classes in places like UCLA Extension’s prestigious Writers’ Program, and is always available to give workshops (or her opinion). She lives in the Pacific Northwest with her comic book artist husband, though, at any given time, she is likely to either be huddled in a coffee shop somewhere or off traveling the world. Preferably both.
- Megan graduated from Vassar College, making her part of a strong female family tradition that includes her grandmother, mother, the aunt for whom she was named, and a cousin. To say nothing of the once-removeds.
- Megan holds an MA and PhD in Literature she received after spending five years in York, England, immersed in medieval splendor in the shadow of the beautiful Minster.
- Megan’s MA thesis was entitled: Silence and Violence: The Struggle for Family and Identity in Six Post-Colonial Texts. Her PhD dissertation was entitled: Infection, Fatalism and Fiction: Representations of the AIDS Crisis in 1980s-Early 1990s New York in the Works of Larry Kramer, David Wojnarowicz, David Feinberg and Tony Kushner. How these led into writing romance novels remains a mystery.
- Megan writes and publishes under several names: Megan Crane, Caitlin Crews, M.M. Crane, and Hazel Beck. All four alter-egos are strong supporters of the Oxford Comma.
- She still has passionate and highly-charged feelings about Buffy the Vampire Slayer that she is never afraid to share. Yes. Still.
- Megan Crane writes and publishes under several names. Megan first published in 2004 with English as a Second Language. Caitlin Crews’ first book, Pure Princess, Bartered Bride, came out in 2010. M.M. Crane first reached readers in 2021 with Bold Fortune. And in 2022, came Small Town, Big Magic, with Megan as one-half of the writing team publishing as Hazel Beck. She is a USA Today Bestselling author with millions of books in print in more than 30 countries (and counting) and about as many languages.
- The first book in Caitlin’s Cold River Ranch series, A True Cowboy Christmas, was a HOLT Medallion finalist in 2019. In 2020, the second book in the series,Cold Heart, Warm Cowboy was nominated along with Sniper’s Prideby Megan. This award honors outstanding literary talent and is presented by the Virginia Romance Writers chapter of the Romance Writers of America
- Megan is one of Tule Publishing’s four founding authors. Tempt Me, Cowboy was the very first book ever published by Tule in September 2013.
- Caitlin’s 80th book for Harlequin came out in November 2022. She will shortly hand in her 135th book overall since English as a Second Language came out in August 2004, and has no intention of slowing down any time soon.