USA Today bestselling, RITA-nominated, and critically-acclaimed author Megan Crane has written more than seventy books. She’s won fans with her women’s fiction, chick lit, and work-for-hire young adult novels as well as with the Harlequin Presents she writes as Caitlin Crews. These days her focus is on contemporary romance from small town heat to international glamor, cowboys to bikers, and beyond – including her take on futuristic Vikings. She sometimes teaches creative writing classes in places like mediabistro.com, UCLA Extension’s prestigious Writers’ Program, and assorted workshops, where she attempts to utilize the MA and PhD in English Literature she received from the University of York in York, England. She currently lives in the Pacific Northwest with a husband who draws comics and the odd animation storyboard, and their menagerie of ridiculous animals.
- Megan graduated from Vassar College, making her part of a strong female family tradition that includes her grandmother, mother, the aunt for whom she was named, and a cousin. To say nothing of the once-removeds.
- Megan holds an MA and PhD in Literature she received after spending five years in York, England, immersed in medieval splendor in the shadow of the beautiful Minster.
- Megan’s MA thesis was entitled: Silence and Violence: The Struggle for Family and Identity in Six Post-Colonial Texts. Her PhD dissertation was entitled: Infection, Fatalism and Fiction: Representations of the AIDS Crisis in 1980s-Early 1990s New York in the Works of Larry Kramer, David Wojnarowicz, David Feinberg and Tony Kushner. How these led into writing romance novels remains a mystery.
- She still has passionate and highly-charged feelings about Buffy the Vampire Slayer that she is never afraid to share. Yes. Still.
- Megan/Caitlin is a USA Today Bestselling author with millions of books in print in at least 27 countries and a variety of languages.
- Megan/Caitlin has been nominated for the Romantic Times Reader’s Choice Awards six times: in 2007, 2013 (when she was double nominated in the Harlequin Presents category), 2014 for Undone By the Sultan’s Touch, which was also accorded TOP PICK GOLD status, the highest honor accorded by the magazine, 2015, and 2016.
- Megan’s novel Frenemies was a Book Sense Notable in 2007.
- Megan/Caitlin has been a RITA Award finalist two times, in two different categories under two different names, in two consecutive years (2014 and 2015).
- Megan is one of Tule Publishing’s four founding authors. Tempt Me, Cowboy was the very first book ever published by Tule in September 2013.
- In June 2015, Megan/Caitlin submitted her 30th Harlequin Presents, which was also her 50th book since English as a Second Language came out in August 2004.